Thursday, February 5, 2009

It's been a while, so I thought I would make a quick post.

We went to Lauren's nephrologist in Albuquerque on the 28th for her 6 month check-up. The ultrasound went really well. She just laid there and let the tech do what she needed to do. She didn't even talk, which doesn't surprise me as she's not one for talking to strangers.

We then made our way through the maze of the hospital up to the specialty clinic to see the doctor. Of course, they wanted a urine sample and she had just gone potty before the ultrasound so she didn't have to go. Doctor just asked me questions about her potty habits and if she is doing better about holding it in. I told her that I've noticed her going in the bathroom a lot more lately and that's a good thing. That means that she's starting to feel the urge a little earlier. Before, she wouldn't feel it until it was almost too late and then would sit down on the floor and pull her knees up to her chest just so she wouldn't pee in her pants.

Doctor said that we can go ahead and take her off the antibiotics and see how she does. However, if she develops symptoms of another UTI, I will have to take her in to the doctor and have a urine culture done. Last time we went in they didn't culture the urine, just dipped it. Therefore, we aren't 100% sure that she actually had a UTI this last time. Lauren is very happy about not being on medication anymore. She hated that stuff. They flavor it at the pharmacy, but it still tastes bad.

We go back to Albuqerque in 6 more months for another check-up. If she does develop a UTI in the next 6 months, they will have to do another ultrasound and VCUG (catheter and dye). I'm praying that her reflux is getting better and will eventually go away.

Other than that, nothing else too exciting going on around here. Doctor and dentist appointments are slowly making their way out of my appointment book. Thank goodness for that. I'm so sick of going to the doctor. LOL

Have a wonderful evening!

1 comment:

  1. I really wish I could have made the funeral as well. But I live in Georgia and the gas prices and plane tickets were extremely expensive.

    He was a great man and I am so glad that you found me!

    ReplyDelete